A Statement of Support

From Representative Teodoro Casiño, Bayan Muna

In behalf of Bayan Muna, I would like to commend the UNDP, HAIN, TLF Share and especially my friends Sebastien Farcis and Romain Rivierre for mounting the multimedia exhibit Human Soul. Likewise, I would like to express my solidarity to our gay and transgender friends whose lives and struggles are the subject of the exhibit.

The launching of the exhibit's website could not have come at a better time, with the recent decision of the UN Human Rights Council to call for an end to discrimination and violence against lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender persons worldwide. Human Soul gives a face to the victims of discrimination and violence. But it does so in a way that upholds their dignity and beauty. The pictures and stories do not depress, they inspire. They do not condemn, they challenge. They do not confuse but enlighten us to a reality that many would rather ignore.

I would like to especially congratulate Sebastien and Romain for their excellent and groundbreaking work. I expect to see more of their work in the future.